This blog created for 5 Minute Fridays

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Motherhood Should Come With....

I'm on jury duty right now and we're in deliberation which truly leaves me 5 minutes or less to write. Here goes...

Motherhood is a wonderful, amazing, and challenging privilege that should come with required days off. Days off for...
sticking our toes in the sand
playing over  in our heads the fun moments with our family
reading more than just a page in our current book
waking up when we're ready
doing just plain nothing

Motherhood should come with an extra shot of energy, vitality, and stamina because it truly is amazing fun to play with our kids.

Motherhood with adult children should come with wisdom to know when to let them be their own man and woman.

I'm glad it doesn't come with it all though. It truly takes me to my knees and keeps me close to God for wisdom, discernment, insight, and overflowing filling of love. We do motherhood together and it makes it an adventure.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 2011 
TO
MOMS OF EVERY DESCRIPTION AND DEFINITION


I'm joining Lisa-Jo for 5 minutes of unedited writing...so much fun!




five-minute-friday.jpg


and with...


Bonnie and the Faith Jam Community

FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG

3 comments:

Christine said...

Letting go will be the toughest part, I will need a lot of wisdom there.

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, I'm so glad you came to visit. I'm so glad we have a community of support. God bless.

FaithBarista Bonnie said...

Wonderful refreshment, Jeri! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Love the photo you shared. ;)