This blog created for 5 Minute Fridays

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Five Minute Friday - When I look in the Mirror


Before I look in the mirror, the day wants to dictate away from my sense of well-being and rev me up to take off in a nano second.
Before I look in the mirror, everything that goes against all I know is true of who I am and all God promises me tries to sweep in and fog up my view.
In that moment, I pause and remember that I am His, He loves me, and a smile breaks across my face.
Then I look in the mirror I see a healthy, vibrant young woman versus someone with an ailment who is healing.
As I look at her in the mirror, I think how crazy awesome that she’s going to be a mother-in-law in two weeks and a grandmother in 5 months!
Looking at myself in the mirror, I see the grays of 45 turning 46 in July and think “I truly want to leave a legacy”. 
In the mirror, the mirror of His word, I see. I see as El-Roi sees. I am chosen, loved, forgiven, made whole, and set free.
I look at me in the mirror on the wall and in the mirror of His word and I smile at His creation. Far yet to go and how very far already come.
When I look in the mirror, adventure stares back. He takes my hand as I reach for His and off we go. 
When I look in His mirror, I see I am safe.



5-minute-friday-1.jpg





I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo & the 5 Minute Friday gang every week.
Please feel free to join in :D

Each week is a new prompt for 5 minutes of un-edited writing.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Amen. He just keeps blessing!

Unknown said...

@Sherry - Thank you for stopping by :D Your words ring truth.