This blog created for 5 Minute Fridays

Friday, March 25, 2011

Waking up to Celebrate their lives

Shilo:

He's 27-years-old today. I remember it. He came so quickly and my life became so much more worth living. Tonight we all celebrate together. The driving range is our destination. It's gonna be a whole lot of fun and laughter.

He was just married a week ago. He married a beautiful young woman who lights up his eyes. I see joy all over his face and hers. They'll be welcoming our first grandson in the summer. This amazing miracle lights all our hearts.





Reid:

He's 25-years-old tomorrow! No joke. They are 2 years and 1 day apart :D He'll celebrate with his friends tomorrow. He took a little while to be born, but when he arrived his big brother was so excited. Hugging gently, kissing his cheek softly and it was a sweet site to behold.

He's on an adventure in music and some travel. He loves teaching kids to swim where he lifeguards. Boy does he love sleeping in. Try waking that one up! :D

Both men now. Both on new adventures. Both on an amazing journey.

What a privilege! I got to wake up this morning knowing I'd be a part of celebrating their lives.




Much love and appreciation to my sister in Christ, Lisa-Jo the one and only Gypsy Mama for bringing us together as a community with these awesome 5-minute prompts.

5 comments:

Mel said...

What a sweet post! I feel like all four of mine were just born and the oldest is only 14 1/2. Congrats on the new grandbaby! That has to be so exciting! Found you from the Gypsy Mama page :)

Blessings,
Mel
Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

The Farmer Files said...

Wow. I want to celebrate like this when my 3 boys are in their twenties. I wonder what life will be like in those days.

Unknown said...

@Mel - I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for the congrats. Very exciting!
@TheFarmer Files - 3 boys must be full of activity and fun.

Erica Saint said...

Thanks for your kind comment at my blog! You have a beautiful family. :)

Unknown said...

Thank You Erica. Visiting your space is a blessing :D